I am Natlely

I am Natlely

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Erik Satie Gymnopédie No. 1 - Tzvi Erez, piano


The other day I came across the song by erik satie...gymnopedie. It was composed in 1888. Way before my time. I remember playing this tune on my piano when I was just grade 4. I loved the song so it didn't take me long to master it.
It's so beautiful. I just had to blog about it.
I used to think that the composer of such a romantic song must have had great passion for fine arts and everything beautiful. I still like to think so.
When I listened to it now and compared it to the times when I had listened to it at a younger age, it was like two different people listening to the same song. When I was younger, I thought about barbie dolls, little ponies and imaginary pals=p
As I listened to it now, I thought of a beautiful place with beautiful happy people. A place where there is no hate and everything was sweet and nice. In this place, there were no back stabbers, jealous rage, unhappy people, sad stories or tragic endings. There was just plain happiness in paradise.
Its pretty funny how a simple song could make someone think so much.
I really wish that there will be no more two-faced nymphs with fake smiles and people who tells you they're ur friends but all they ever think of is how to get something out of you=( Its a pretty sad and cold world we live in sometimes but if u really think about it,its these things that make the beautiful things that happen even more memorable. Bad moments make u treasure good moments more. Something like this tune. You gotta listen to a few bad ones to like the good ones.
I just wanna share this tune with you if u are a lover of music and good moments.
Nat~

1 comment: