I am Natlely

I am Natlely

Monday, July 9, 2012

Why Divorce?

Why Choose Divorce?

Some times I wonder why couples go through all those hardships and financial hurdles to get married and yet they get divorced. Worst still, some couples get through marriage preparations actually contemplating divorce such as signing prenuptial agreements.

Note:Just in case ur not hollywood savvy, it simply means in my own words that couples sign pre marriage contracts stating one or the other would not ask for certain shares in property owned by the other.

I call divorces the road of no return.

Let's face it, divorce is an ugly thing. Look at Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise. If ur famous, it makes things even more complicated with the media breathing down your neck. However, I'd like to focus more on this phenomena of divorce on a small scale level.

Emotional Downpour

Getting a divorce may seem very very easy or yet very very complicated. Divorce procedures vary from country to country. However, the main point is that divorce can get ugly. Whether it's easy or complicated would not really matter much when it comes to the emotional problem you're going to face in divorce.

Most people going through divorce wants an easy way out of their troubles. They fight a little, each hurled emotional and aggressive criticisms at each other and without thinking, they might just shout out divorce. So for a spur of the moment anger, you're actually breaking a vow you made to yourself, to god and to your partner. You go through the ceremony and marriage promising that you'd love your partner, go through every hardship there is to endure and still be with each other. So what happened?
Is all the emotional breakdown with nosy relatives, family explanations and cold legal procedures really necessary?

I'm probably a very hypocritical person. I am afraid of marriage. I think it is a great risk taking.I am not ready to take the leap because I'm not confident with myself. I've been through very bad relationships and it made me realize I am probably not emotionally ready to let another person promise me that he will love me forever and keep it. I think I'm not perfect and I'm far from it. How is it possible that someone will love me forever if I can't even promise myself that I'd love myself forever?

Even though that's the case, I try to think positive that I'd be ready. I think I'd manage to be someone nice and good enough to be able to receive the love of someone who genuinely loves me and keeps his promise. 

I really hope that you will too, if you're reading this.

Quiet Days

You'll probably have back your freedom when you're divorced. You may have a lot of time to think over your life and change it. You may even make it big too. The only problem is that you need time. Imagine that you've been so used to someone being there in your life that suddenly losing it was quite different. You don't have someone thinking about you and whether you were safe anymore when you're not at home. You don't have someone including you in their dinner plans or movie nights when you haven't been asked. You don't have someone to be angry over when they forget important dates.

I enjoy my freedom and I hate it when my boyfriend take that away from me by acting all jealous or controlling. However, I also appreciate the fact that he treasures me enough to put me as a top priority of his. I also like the fact that he worries about me when I didn't answer the phone or that he couldn't see me on time. Nothing is nicer than having someone there to worry about u. Some of us have more and some of us have less, but having is better than not.

Don't be hateful

I know completely well that some of you who may have stumbled on this blog by coincidence will think, she doesn't know what she's writing about at all. A lot of people go through divorce for various reasons. It's not always about wanting to be stubborn over fights.

I understand that. 

I know that there are many things that could break a marriage. There are also various reasons to break a relationship. I'm only concerned with those that are married which really divorce for very flaky and shaky reasons. Reconsider it because divorce is ugly. It is never nice.

For those that are in abusive relationships where your partners never change, please get out of it. After all, divorce is there for a reason. 
Anyhow, I really hope that for those that are married that you will work it out. Because you made a promise to the world that you'll go through hardship through your union through. You also made that promise to your partner. Most important of all, you made it to yourself and you should always keep a promise that you made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment